[cisco-voip] Does 1760 support 7921 phone?

Kelemen Zoltan keli at carocomp.ro
Wed Jun 18 02:27:38 EDT 2008

CME is a feature of the IOS and as such depends on the IOS, not on the
tar file. The tar is just the icing on the cake (web GUI, phone loads,
music on hold etc.) and by itself cannot run either CME nor upgrade an
older one.

As such, you won't be able to do anything without a voice IOS and
upgrading the tar file's contents on the router won't upgrade your CME
either.

regards,
  Zoltan