[cisco-voip] Does 1760 support 7921 phone?

Chris Cope chris.cope at wirelessinitiatives.co.uk
Wed Jun 18 05:54:03 EDT 2008

Hi,

Last night I loaded IOS 12.4(15)T IP VOICE despite the 1760 only having
96MB DRAM instead of 128MB and the 7921 now registers and works OK (this
is the recommended image for 7921 on CME4.1).

This rig is for a WIPT test lab so there won't be that much activity on
there to stress the limited memory.

I now have to get a 7965G working with it - which isn't in the phone
load list for CME4.1.

How do you upgrade to CME4.3 - I couldn't see an IOS that has it in it
(I presume 4.3 has embedded support for the 7965)?  Alternatively are
there phone files for the 7965G that will make it work on CMW4.1?  It
seems that the version of CME really restricts the model of phone
supported through the limited number of phone options to 'load' under
the telephony_service.

Cheers

Chris.