[cisco-voip] IPCC CAD on a Windows Thin Client

Micah Bennett mbennett at als-xtn.com
Wed Jun 18 11:10:19 EDT 2008

Scott

Thanks for the heads up.  I will check that out.  We have a third party
recording platform that we are spanning everything to so that should not
be a problem.  We do sometimes use the monitor feature.  I will test
that and see what I get.

In testing all of the features that our supervisors use, I did find that
the Historical reporting client will not load on a server.  It only
supported on a client machine.  We won't be able to use it with a RD
solution, but if we go the route of VMware PC images on the server, it
may work.

I am also testing to take it one step further to the use of an IP Comm
softphone.  My issue so far with trying to access the softphone over RD
was expected with the audio devices not being pulled to the remote
session so the phone will not even launch.  Still working to see what
the options are there.

I am leaning towards the VMware PC images option myself.  With just a
server and RD sessions to the applications I am wondering how that will
effect things when I need to pull logs for a specific agent CAD problem
or even need to uninstall / reinstall the CAD software.  In past TAC
cases for CAD issues that is the first thing they have had me do.  On a
single PC instance I can do it right then.  With a server install of the
CAD, I will have to wait until everyone is logged off (hard for a 24x7
call center) to uninstall/reinstall the application.

Still have a lot of testing to do, but hopefully this will let us get
rid of a lot of old PC hardware and go to a more centralized manageable
solution.

Thanks.

Micah Bennett

  _____