[cisco-voip] Nortel 1000E and Callmanager 4.2

Aman Chugh aman.chugh at gmail.com
Fri Jun 20 04:28:25 EDT 2008

Hi,

I am designing an integration between Nortel CS1000E running release 5.0 and
CallManager 4.2 using SIP trunk, I would be running an IVR on Nortel which
would have menu options for Cisco IP Phone users, I just wanted to
understand how would DTMF work across the two systems over SIP , Do I need a
hardware MTP with callmanager as well. I have looked at document available
on Cisco Interoperability portal for Nortel CS 1000M and Cisco callmanager
4.1 , it mentions END to END DTMF is not supported.  What do they mean by
END to END DTMF. Any help would be appreciated.

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/solutions/ns340/ns414/ns728/networking_solutions_products_genericcontent0900aecd805b561d.html

Thanks,

Aman