[cisco-voip] CUCM6 and LDAP

Turpin, Mark mark.turpin at calence.com
Wed Jun 25 00:28:30 EDT 2008

there are two parts.  synchronization and authentication.  i believe you are most concerned with the synchronization half.

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/docs/voice_ip_comm/cucm/srnd/5x/50drctry.html

so you can have the callmanager user id == samaccountname, mail id, employee number, telephone number, or principal name.

traditionally samaccountname is used to keep it consistent.

you can select which field will become the user id, but you cannot modify the username.

in other words, if you pick samaccountname and it is mturpin, then the user id == mturpin.

--

MARK TURPIN  |  Senior Consultant - UC  |  Calence / Insight Networking Solutions  |  calence.com <https://myaccess.calence.com/exchweb/bin/redir.asp?URL=http://www.calence.com/>
t. 314.656.2315   c. 314.660.5800   f. 314.656.2355   mark.turpin at calence.com

The information contained in this message and any attachment may contain privileged or confidential information protected from disclosure. If you are not the intended recipient, or an employee or agent responsible for delivering this message to the intended recipient, you are hereby notified that any review, dissemination, distribution or copying of this information is strictly prohibited.  If you have received this transmission in error, please notify the sender immediately by replying to this message and destroying the original and all copies.  Thank you.