[cisco-voip] Unity Audio Issues

STEVEN CASPER SCASPER at mtb.com
Thu Jun 26 08:21:25 EDT 2008

 We are having a problem on our network where UDP packets with duplicate sequence numbers are being received by our Unity systems. It appears that Unity does not discard these packets. This is resulting in a messages that are degraded in quality. The call sounds like they are talking very slow. If you press 6 on the key pad you can speed the message up so it almost sounds normal. Of course we have to fix our network problem but is it normal for Unity not to drop packets with duplicate sequence numbers?

Thanks!
Steve