[cisco-voip] No Ringback Tone issue with AS5850 and PGW2200

Mohit Saxena MohitS at starcomms.com
Thu Jun 26 18:18:53 EDT 2008

Hello Friends,

I am running a Cisco AS5850 with PGW2200 for International calls. On the
pots side I have my MSC as I work for are a Mobile operator. I face this
strange issue of No ringback tone on some outbound calls only. I have
tried progress ind aler PI 3 on the VoiP dial peer and Progress Ind
alert PI 8 on the pos dial peer put still it dint help. This issue
occurs only on some calls and not on all the calls.
I am running Cisco IOS Software, 5850tb Software (C5850TB-P9-M), Version
12.4(13b), RELEASE SOFTWARE (fc3) on AS5850. I am running SS7 signalling
using PGW2200 on the first 2 E1s.

I also have configured the following commands on the gateway as per
cisco recommendation:
voice call send-alert
voice call convert-discpi-to-prog
voice rtp send-recv

The dial peer configuration are as under:
dial-peer voice 100 voip
 tone ringback alert-no-PI
 description worldwide voip
 preference 1
 destination-pattern 9911T
 progress_ind setup enable 3
 translate-outgoing calling 100
 translate-outgoing called 9911
 voice-class codec 1
 voice-class h323 1
 session target ipv4:62.41.66.35
 incoming called-number 8629T
 dtmf-relay h245-alphanumeric
 fax-relay ecm disable
 fax rate 9600
 fax protocol t38 ls-redundancy 0 hs-redundancy 0 fallback pass-through
g711alaw
!
dial-peer voice 2343 pots
 description
 translation-profile incoming abc_out
 destination-pattern 1002T
 progress_ind alert enable 8
 direct-inward-dial
 port 12/0:D

An ISDN q931 debug is also attached with. Could anybody help in this
situation.

Thank you,

Mohit C. Saxena
Sr. Network Administrator