[cisco-voip] a couple of Unity questions

Rossella Mariotti-Jones rossella at chemeketa.edu
Thu Jun 26 18:39:16 EDT 2008

Hello all, I have a couple of questions about Unity:

1.       We have all UM licenses and our Unity server is set up to
import users from Exchange only, we have a lot of partners in our
facilities to whom we'll provide phones, these partners do not have a
corporate email account. Can we use the UM license we have for these
people and just enter them as subscriber in the UM server or do we need
to have specifically VM license? I noticed that when I go to enter a
subscriber it won't let me I can only import the Exchange user, are we
going to need to change the way the integration with Exchange is set up?

2.       In the basic 'how-to' for Unity (it's a pdf that shows how to
check your messages) it says that the number 44 is used to call back the
subscriber while listening to a message he/she left you, it also says
that it is not available on all systems and in fact it doesn't work, any
idea why or where I can find more info about this?

Thanks in advance.

rossella mariotti-jones | chemeketa community college | network analyst