[cisco-voip] Unity Digital Networking (can it handle overlap?)

Jason Aarons (US) jason.aarons at us.didata.com
Fri Jun 27 10:15:12 EDT 2008

Everyone has DID. I have two DID ranges 770-232-XXXX and 770-413-XXXX. I
have the phones setup as 4-digit extensions and Unity Unified 5.0.1
mailboxes setup as 4-digit extensions.

If I want to network Unity with another site that has Unity and I have
overlap in mailbox extensions can I still network Unity sites together?

I'm wondering if I should re-build Unity subscriber mailboxes as
10-digit and setup some 4-digit translations CallManager, etc.

This would also be Unity dial-by-number would be 10-digit.

Jason Aarons

Consultant

Dimension Data

E-mail ::jason.aarons at us.didata.com

Mobile :: +1-904-338-3245 e-fax :: +1-904-339-9696

http://www.dimensiondata.com <http://www.us.didata.com>

Plan.Build.Support & Manage

For urgent issues notify your Project Manager, for 24x7 support contact
the Dimension Data NOC at +1-800-974-6584 or Cisco TAC at
+1-800-553-2447.

Five Phases of the Primer Lifecycle;

Inception > Definition > Build > Deployment > Transition

Disclaimer:

from your computer. Thank you.