[cisco-voip] CLID Question

Andrew Gordon Andrew.Gordon at alphawest.com.au
Mon Jun 30 01:25:09 EDT 2008

Hi,

Would anyone know if it’s possible to do the following?

I have a CallManager 4.13 Cluster, with a H.323 Gateways (2851), In a single site deployment.

There are 2 x number ranges overlapped onto the E1 x Channels of the Voice Gateways. And everything is working well.

However…

Issue:

I have been requested by management to do the following.

Block ALL CLI Information from being sent out of my E1’s and make it appear as (Private no.). Which is straightforward in itself.

However there is the requirement for the 30 x seat Outbound Call Centre to send their Group CLI outbound. Which is part of one number ranges listed above. At the same time as blocking ALL Non-CallCentre CLI’s.

Is their something that can be done, in CallManager or the H.323 Gateway to allow the Group Number, to be sent out and at the same time blocking the CLI of the other 1000 numbers in use?

Many Thanks.

Oh, I have attached the relevant part of the configuration to show you, what the working configuration looks like. With some protection for the actual numbers being used, in exchanging numbers for X’s and Y’s.

hostname Router
!
!
card type e1 0 0

network-clock-participate wic 0
network-clock-select 1 E1 0/0/0

!
isdn switch-type primary-net5
!
voice-card 0
 no dspfarm
 dsp services dspfarm
!
!
no voice hunt unassigned-number
voice hunt user-busy
voice call disc-pi-off
voice call carrier capacity active
voice rtp send-recv
!
!
voice class codec 10
 codec preference 1 g711ulaw
 codec preference 2 g711alaw
 codec preference 3 g729br8
 codec preference 4 g729r8
!
!
!
voice class h323 10
 h225 timeout tcp establish 3
  call preserve
!

!
controller E1 0/0/0
 pri-group timeslots 1-31
 description ###
!
!
translation-rule 1
 Rule 0 ^XXXX9 9
 Rule 1 ^XXXXXX9 9
 Rule 2 ^YYYY5 5
 Rule 3 ^YYYYYY5 5
!
!
translation-rule 2
 Rule 0 ^.? 0
!
!
!
!
!
interface Loopback0
 ip address 10.195.65.255 255.255.255.255
 h323-gateway voip bind srcaddr 10.195.65.255
!
interface Serial0/0/0:15
 no ip address
 encapsulation hdlc
 isdn switch-type primary-net5
 isdn incoming-voice voice
 isdn supp-service mcid
 no cdp enable
!
voice-port 0/0/0:15
 translate calling 2
 translate called 1
 echo-cancel coverage 32
 no vad
 cptone AU
!
dial-peer voice 100 pots
 preference 1
 destination-pattern 0T
 progress_ind alert enable 8
 direct-inward-dial
 port 0/0/0:15
!
dial-peer voice XXX1 voip
 preference 1
 destination-pattern 9...
 modem passthrough nse codec g711ulaw
 voice-class codec 10
 voice-class h323 10
 session target ipv4:10.195.65.20
 dtmf-relay h245-alphanumeric
 fax rate disable
 ip qos dscp cs5 media
 ip qos dscp cs3 signaling
 no vad
!
!
dial-peer voice YYY1 voip
 preference 1
 destination-pattern 5...
 modem passthrough nse codec g711ulaw
 voice-class codec 10
 voice-class h323 10
 session target ipv4:10.195.65.20
 dtmf-relay h245-alphanumeric
 fax rate disable
 ip qos dscp cs5 media
 ip qos dscp cs3 signaling
 no vad
!
!
!
line con 0
line aux 0
line vty 0 4
 no login
!
scheduler allocate 20000 1000
!
end

Router#

System image file is "flash:c2800nm-spservicesk9-mz.124-9.T.bin"

Cisco 2851 (revision 53.50) with 249856K/12288K bytes of memory.
Processor board ID FHK1028F0FV
2 Gigabit Ethernet interfaces
62 Serial interfaces
2 Channelized E1/PRI ports
DRAM configuration is 64 bits wide with parity enabled.
62720K bytes of ATA CompactFlash (Read/Write)

Configuration register is 0x2102

Alphawest Disclaimer

If this communication is not intended for you and you are not an authorised recipient of this email you are prohibited by law from dealing with or relying on the email or any file attachments.
This prohibition includes reading, printing, copying, re-transmitting, disseminating, storing or in any other way dealing or acting in reliance on the information.
If you have received this email in error, we request you contact Alphawest immediately by returning the email to postmaster at alphawest.com.au and destroy the original.
This email is confidential and may contain privileged client information.
Alphawest has taken reasonable steps to ensure the accuracy and integrity of all its communications, including electronic communications, but accepts no liability for materials transmitted.
Alphawest collects, uses and stores information regarding its customers from time to time in accordance with its privacy policy located on www.alphawest.com.au.