[cisco-voip] Hardware video conference

Peter Slow peter.slow at gmail.com
Mon Jun 30 13:59:55 EDT 2008

seperate as in "a pvdm2-32 has 2 separate DSPs."

one conference session uses up half a DSP assuming your cfb dspfarm
profile is configured with both g.729 and and g.711 codec variants.

conferencing DSPware is loaded onto a DSP to provide conferencing
functionality. A DSP can either (provide conferencing functionality ||
Provide transcoding and Voice termination functionality) but cannot do
both at the same time.

You should configure two sessions at a time. The only exception to
that would be when you have a PVDM2-8 in your router, which is
essentially half a 5510 DSP.

-Peter