[cisco-voip] What would cause DTMF not to go through

Ryan Ratliff rratliff at cisco.com
Mon Oct 13 09:51:29 EDT 2008

I was doing some work on this Friday and there is definitely some noise
generated in-band by sccp phones on 8.4(1).  If you take a packet capture
and listen to the audio it sounds like a "blurp" sound (very technical, I
know) every time  you press a dtmf digit.  I think what is happening is that
this combined with the in-band dtmf generated by the gateway (dtmf should be
out of band from phone to cucm to the gateway) can cause all kinds of wierd
problems on the receiving end.

I'm digging now to see if there's a bug already opened.  If not there will
be one by the end of the day.

-Ryan

  _____