[nsp] what uses all the cpu cycles

From: Zhang, Anchi (AZhang@reliant.com)
Date: Wed May 22 2002 - 16:12:19 EDT

Greetings,

Several times a day two of my MSFC2s/6509s show high CPU usage:

  CPU utilization for five seconds: 91%/64%; one minute: 89%; five minutes: 86%

One MSFC2 serves mostly as an HSRP standby for the other.

I captured the output of the commands below during low CPU and during high CPU but was unable to figure out what contributed to the high CPU.

show processes cpu
show interfaces
show interfaces switching
show interfaces stat
show align
show version
show log

If someone on the list is experienced in analyzing the CPU usage and is willing to help, I can send the stats to him/her.

Anchi