Re: [nsp] Catalyst 5505/WS-X5225R and 10/100 autodetection

From: Dmitri Kalintsev (dek@hades.uz)
Date: Mon Oct 04 1999 - 07:02:16 EDT

On Mon, Oct 04, 1999 at 09:42:26AM +0200, Rafi Sadowsky wrote:
> (auto-negotiation may work depending on Solaris version & patch level
> you probably want the latest hme patch from the recommended patchset )

[ lots of useful info is skipped ]

Hmm. I feel somewhat misunderstood. The point is not on how to make Sun
Solaris's hme to run in FDX, the point is:

"Am I doing something wrong? The very same Sun (as I've pointed out later)
autonegotiates very nicely with 3com switch, meaning that there is NOTHING
wrong with NIC's drivers. So I make an assumption that there is something
wrong with the catalyst switch, as it's behaving erratically in my opinion"

So, what is wrong with this catalyst? Is it known to behave in this manner?
Because if it is, than I'm *definitely* unsatisfied with this module and I
will have to have it changed to say 100M-only module.

Thanks,

--
   (KD1350) CCNA                                     Dmitri E. Kalintsev
   CDPlayer@irc            Senior network engineer at NetActive Internet