Re: BGP routing questions

From: Jesper Skriver (jesper@skriver.dk)
Date: Mon Oct 04 1999 - 07:53:14 EDT

On Fri, Oct 01, 1999 at 09:28:57PM +0200, Alex Bligh wrote:

> -ish. Localpref is the easiest and cleanest way to do this, IMHO.

I tend to modify the AS_PATH istead, localpref is a bit more dangerous.

I you want to divert some outbound traffic from provider A to provider
B, prepend the inbound AS_PATH from provider A ...

/Jesper

--
Jesper Skriver (JS4261-RIPE), Network manager
Tele Danmark DataNet, IP section (AS3292)

One Unix to rule them all, One Resolver to find them, One IP to bring them all and in the zone to bind them.