[nsp] 2924 and xmodem

From: Ryan Roylance (ryan@accelica.com)
Date: Wed Jan 09 2002 - 02:25:34 EST

I have a problem with a 2924 switch, the flash was wiped clean with the
exception of the boot loader (oops). My problem is when I am trying use
xmodem to upload the new IOS it errors out without transferring data.
I'm wondering if anyone can help me with what I'm missing, I have used
SecureCRT, Hyperterm and Terra Term pro for the upload, set flow control
to none and RTS/CTS both of which were suggested by various resources on
the web. I have tried everything else I could think of, with no luck
just errors. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

The command I am using on the switch to prep it for the xmodem transfer
is

switch: copy xmodem:c2900XL-c3h2s-mz-120.5-XW.bin
flash:c2900XL-c3h2s-mz-120.5-XW.bin

The other question that relates is with the copy command from the
switch: prompt gives you a -b flag for buffers, any idea what that
should be set to? Or should I just default it?

thanks
ryan