[nsp] REG: Policy based Routing

From: Vinod Anthony Joseph Cherunni (vac@antarix.biz)
Date: Wed Jan 09 2002 - 04:23:04 EST

Dear All,

I am trying to figure out whether i could localize all the DNS traffic,
from all my customers directed to the Internet to be redirected to a
caching DNS server located locally in my Data center. In this regard i
tried using Policy Based Routing on my Gateway router redirecting all DNS
traffic to my caching DNS system. The configuration is as follows -

!
access-list 192 deny tcp host MYCACHEDNS-SERV any eq domain log
access-list 192 deny udp host MYCACHEDNS-SERVany eq domain log
access-list 192 permit tcp any any eq domain log
access-list 192 permit udp any any eq domain log
access-list 192 deny ip any any log

route-map dns-redirect permit 10
 match ip address 192
 set ip next-hop MYCACHEDNS-SERV

interface fastethernet 0/0
   description ### Ingress Interface ###
   ip policy route-map dns-redirect

I find the acl permit statements showing hits, but in am unable to find
any requests coming on to my DNS server, & DNS lookups fail.

Kindly advise, on whether this is possible.

With warm regards,

Vinod.