selectively delete communities?

From: Gert Doering (gert@greenie.muc.de)
Date: Thu Jan 24 2002 - 09:33:12 EST

Hi,

ist there an (easy) way to delete communities from an incoming BGP prefix?

What I want to achieve is this:

 - customers can set certain communities (5539:1000 - 5539:9999)

 - if there are any other communities in the list, I want to delete
   those but *keep* what is set otherwise, that is:

     5539:100 5539:1500 1755:1000

   would become

     5539:1500 1755:1000

There seems to be a way to do it with "set comm-list", but I haven't
really figured out yet how the correct invocation is...

Is it as easy as this:

  ip community-list 100 deny 5539:....
  ip community-list 100 permit 5539:.*
  ip community-list 100 deny .*

route-map incoming-delete-unwanted permit 10
  set comm-list 100 delete

?

I'd appreciate an example that is in use somewhere and verified :-)

(I'm especially confused about the syntax for the extended community
list regular expressions - like "will 5539:...." specify "exactly four
digits" or "four or more"?)

thanks,

gert

                                                           //www.muc.de/~gert/