Re: [nsp] GRE tunnels and OSPF ?

From: Steve Francis (sfrancis@expertcity.com)
Date: Tue Feb 19 2002 - 20:20:22 EST

SOunds like a recursive route. WHen the tunnel is up but the DS3 is
down, the best route from router A to router B is via the tunnel - so
the tunnel tries to send the tunnelled packets over the tunnel, which
doesn't work, so the OSPF adjacency goes down. When its down, the real
best route is discovered, but then the OSPF adjacency comes up again.

You need to static route tunnel destination on both routers so it does
not try to send them through the tunnel, but instead sends them off to
the Internet.