RE: RE: [nsp] Frame Relay - loopback

From: Todd, Douglas M. (DTODD@PARTNERS.ORG)
Date: Wed Feb 27 2002 - 11:44:02 EST

This is a loopback on a cisco right?

Loopback is traditionally(unix world) is a virtual interface ( like
127.0.0.1 "localhost") used for testing software and other configurations
when you only have one ethernet or no ethernets.

The loopback on a cisco is used for multiple purposes but the most common is
for OSPF, VPN, BGP and other routing protocals. Here it's used as a normal
interface, but unlike a normal interface this loopback will never go down or
lose link.

If you have more questions I would recommend looking on Cisco's website for
their definition and that might help you.

As to why your seeing a scan? How are you seeing this are you doing a
debug?

==DMT>