[nsp] Extreme and Cisco 802.1q trunk

From: Devon True (devxod@hotmail.com)
Date: Thu Feb 28 2002 - 19:02:27 EST

All:

I am trying to create a 802.1q trunk between a Cisco 2924 and an Extreme
Summit 48i. I set the STP priority on the Summit to '100' so that it would
be the root bridge. On the Cisco, it sees the Summit as the root bridge for
vlan 1, but for vlans 2 and 3, it considers itself the root. Vlans 2 and 3
are in the same STPD domain on the Summit where I set the priority to 100.
(i.e. on the Summit, STPD s0 contains all three vlans with a priority of
100).

I have tested Extreme-to-Extreme and Cisco-to-Cisco 802.1q trunking -- All
worked fine. It is just getting them to work together that is giving me a
headache. :)

Any help is appreciated!