Re: [nsp] GSR GigaE pps

From: William Charnock (will@charnocks.net)
Date: Thu Feb 28 2002 - 16:57:38 EST

Hi,

We use the Agilent RouterTester equipment and an internet mix of test
traffic in the following ratios:

Packet Size % of Traffic
- -------------------------------
28 1.2
40 35.5
44 2.0
52 3.5
552 0.8
576 11.5
628 1.0
1420 3.0
1500 10.0
40-80 10.8
80-576 11.8
576-1500 6.9

This usually will give us an accurate idea of what actual performance
of the linecard will be.

hope this helps

- --
William R. Charnock