Re: [nsp] Good IOS for 2620 with NM-4T1-IMA PPPoE / ATM

From: jlewis@lewis.org
Date: Thu Apr 04 2002 - 23:24:20 EST

On Thu, 4 Apr 2002, Brian wrote:

> Great. So your saying to get PPPoE with ATM support on my NM-4T-IMA I
> need to be using a 3640 probably.

3620 or better according to cio.cisco.com/go/fn

> Assuming I get a 3640 for the job, is the code good enough for production
> you would say? This is a new dsl setup for a client and would probably

I can't say. Currently, we're doing PPPoA and some BVI bridging. In the
setup where we're supposed to be doing PPPoE over ATM, the telco is setup
to do so over our ATM into the 2600. We have a new circuit to the same
telco, but run to another POP with the 3640 capable of PPPoE, but the
telco hasn't taken the necessary steps to enable PPPoE to be delivered to
the new circuit yet.

 Jon Lewis *jlewis@lewis.org*|  I route
 Atlantic Net                |