Re: [nsp] Cisco vs. Juniper of LSP setup

From: Sean Crocker (crockers@mail.trinicom.com)
Date: Fri Apr 12 2002 - 12:30:35 EDT

There's nothing like Juniper's no-cspf.

There is a way that is hidden/undocumented/unsupported. Unless IOS
has changed since last I looked, you have to define an explicit path,
then append "verbatim" to the path-option statement...

R1(config-if)#tunnel mpls traffic-eng path-option 1 explicit name foo verbatim

The explicit-path can be as short as just one node (the directly-
connected next-hop). The next node (either cisco and juniper) will
strip out the PATH's ERO and send it on towards egress according to the
RIB, so from that point on it's like no-cspf.

Sean