Re: [nsp] Cisco vs. Juniper of LSP setup

From: LU (wenxuecity2001@yahoo.com)
Date: Fri Apr 12 2002 - 17:29:25 EDT

--- Sean Crocker <crockers@mail.trinicom.com> wrote:
> *Last* post on this...
>
> >> If you want to get from your house to a place you
> >> only know the
> >> address of, but not directions to, do you just
> drive
> >> down the street
> >> and keep turning left until you find the place?
> >> that'll work, but
> >> it's not terribly efficient. That's why we have
> >> maps....
> >
> >No, you are missing the point, I know the address
> as
> >well as all possible pathes.
> >If I know there are four pathes lead to the
> >destination, but I do not know which of them have
> been
> >blocked for road work, why can't I just try one by
> >one?
>
> It's possible to change the ingress implementation
> to do that, bit just
> because you can do something doesn't mean you
> should.

The problem here is you can NOT do it with IOS ( at
least not with supported commands).

IOS doesn't do
> it that way. JUNOS doesn't do it that way from what
> I can tell.

I thought we agreed that no-cspf ignores TE database
and it is also possible to disable the TE signals from
the IGP when using MPLS-TE. If I am wrong here, could
you tell me how JUNOS does this?

>No
> customer with money has asked a vendor to do it that
> way so far. An
> astonishing number of folks do see the forest for
> the trees.

Hmm, I thought JUNOS had this, even not, why not have
both forest and trees? If you are saying it takes time
to cover trees, fine with me, but if you are saying
trees should not be covered at all, I disagree.

> You can try to find an offline server (or roll your
> own) that'll
> tell an ingress to try one potential path, then try
> the next if PATHERR
> comes back, and so on. There's all sorts of crazy
> junk you can do
> with basic expect and tcl skills :-)
>
> Sean

Exactly what I am thinking, but with this scenario,
what do I need the TE information from the IGP for?

LU