Re: [nsp] ATM/LANE counter64 always zero

From: Gert Doering (gert@greenie.muc.de)
Date: Tue Apr 16 2002 - 11:17:38 EDT

hi,

On Mon, Apr 15, 2002 at 05:12:27PM -0700, Zach Wilkinson wrote:
> As you can see, I now get entries for the ATM interfaces but the counters
> remain at zero. Is there any additional configuration to enable the
> counters?

No, this is just IOS as we all know and love it.

My application that uses Counter64 falls automatically back to Counter32
if ( both in/out Counter64 == 0 and Counter32 != 0 )...

<rant>
Cisco and interface counters is a major PITA. No matter which counters,
SNMP or "show int", 5 minute average or octet counters, all of them are
broken in funny and interesting ways.
</rant>

gert

                                                           //www.muc.de/~gert/