Re: snmp

From: Barry Bruins (bbruins@cisco.com)
Date: Thu Apr 25 2002 - 00:07:12 EDT

In general you don't reset counters in SNMP. The philosophy is that you
have multiple management stations and if one resets the counters the
others can't track it. So SNMP counters increment until they wrap
and management stations have to track the deltas between polls to
see what's happening on the box.

Barry