Re: [nsp] 7206 drops protocol on t3...

From: Gert Doering (gert@greenie.muc.de)
Date: Thu Apr 25 2002 - 02:58:17 EDT

Hi,

On Wed, Apr 24, 2002 at 07:56:55PM -0500, Jim Jones, Jr. wrote:
> we have a 7206 vxr with a pa2t3 card. this card has one t3 plugged into it.
> several times a week we loose communications across the t3. when i do a
> show interface on that interface it says that the line is up but the
> protocol is down. i shut the port and no shut it and it comes right back.

Try enabling scrambling. I had similar problems with an E3 (which was
measured to death by the Telco, and I finally believed them that the line
is OK) and as soon as I turned on scrambling, the problems went away.

interface serial n/0
  scramble

and then "clear int serial n/0" (otherwise it won't be activated).

gert

                                                           //www.muc.de/~gert/
Gert Doering - Munich, Germany                             gert@greenie.muc.de
fax: +49-89-35655025                        gert.doering@physik.tu-muenchen.de