Re: [nsp] Cisco's "distribute in" command

From: Steffen Baur (baur@noc.dfn.de)
Date: Tue Nov 23 1999 - 05:56:58 EST

Shivi,

my understanding is that the distribute list controls which routes are
injected from the OSPF routing table in the overall routing table.

OSPF is a "Link-State-Protocol", all OSPF routing tables within an
area are identical. You can find some more information about that
issue and OSPF in general at http://www.cisco.com/warp/public/104/1.html

We use the distribute lists to suppress the default route (which is
present in OSPF) on interconnections routers.

                        Steffen Baur