[nsp] router capacity question

From: Steve Pfister (srp336@optimum.com)
Date: Tue Dec 07 1999 - 13:03:59 EST

Hello--

I've set up a 2601 router for one of our customers. On one of the networks
assigned to a FastEthernet interface, there are two subnets (on the same
Ethernet segment...it's a workaround for another problem). Lately, whenever
traffic goes from one subnet through the interface back out to the other
(just from one machine to another), the router gets noticeable bogged down.
We don't notice this in any other situation.

- Is there any way to alleviate this?
- Is routing from one segment to another through an Ethernet interface a
bad idea?
- Do we need to replace the 2601 with a more powerful router?

Thanks!

--Steve