Re: [nsp] OSPF funny in 12.0(5)S

From: Basil V. Dolmatov (dol@east.ru)
Date: Sat Dec 11 1999 - 07:26:14 EST

On Sat, 11 Dec 1999, Steve Rubin wrote:

> router ospf 1
> router-id 199.74.221.1
Good news...

> You know.. if you ASK for features.. they do get implemented eventually.
_I_ know... SOme features were asked for two years before they were launched.
It can be considered as "great success", but that greatly depends from point
of view. :)
SOme feature requests were assigned "C" status, which means "will not do it",
without any reasoning behind. As a result, some very good things in Cisco IOS
will never be usable in my environment and more and more people will
switch them off, when bumping at the absence of these features.

So, I would rather call situation with feature requests "unsatisfactory", than
with any other grade... :(

Unfortunately, though... :(