New Authentication

From: Jay Stewart (cosmo@olywa.net)
Date: Wed Jan 05 2000 - 16:32:36 EST

I've been playing around with the new authentication with version 12.0
(aaa new-model command), for the purpose of setting up PPPoverEthernet
on my remote DSL ATM PVCs utilizing Radius. I'm using Cisco 675 DSL
routers on the remote end (mostly), and want to be able to have the
router act as a router for the purposes of using NAT and DHCP at the
remote site.

Can anybody give me the 12 - 1/2 cent list of things to worry about
when doing this, and what pitfalls I may encounter? The first attempt
at doing this during my initial test locked me out of the router
completely. I couldn't even login at the console without a password,
and I hadn't apparently setup the security right because the login and
password would not allow entry. Same for telnet access.

I'm not asking for a detailed explanation of command syntax, just a
simple guideline about what is necessary to allow this, while still
allowing telnet access to the router for configuration, and not
disrupting any point-to-point or FR links.

Thanks in advance for any tips, etc. anybody can give me.

Jay Stewart
Vice President
Olympia Networking Services - "The Northwest's Premier ISP"
http://www.olywa.net