POS problems

From: Jim Warner (warner@cats.UCSC.EDU)
Date: Wed Jan 05 2000 - 16:00:35 EST

We're having problems with a new POS OC-3 circuit to an ISP.
The symptoms are intermittant but occur frequently. The line
often so bad it's not usable. One piece that seems to be
a consistent symptom is that the display from sho controller pos
looks like:

SECTION
  LOF = 0 LOS = 0 BIP(B1) = 0
LINE
  AIS = 0 RDI = 0 FEBE = 0 BIP(B2) = 0
PATH
  AIS = 1 RDI = 1 FEBE = 30 BIP(B3) = 7774681
  LOP = 0 NEWPTR = 0 PSE = 0 NSE = 0

The Section and Line errors are always zero and the all the problems
are blamed on the PATH.

I'm sure that should tell us something important, but I don't know what.
I can find helpful CCO writeups on troubleshooting physical layer problems
for e.g. ISDN but not for POS. Am I missing any obvious? Thanks in
advance.

-jim warner, UC Santa Cruz