Re: [nsp] Cisco GSR, NetFlow, ACLs

From: Tony Tauber (ttauber@genuity.net)
Date: Mon Jun 19 2000 - 23:45:00 EDT

On Mon, 19 Jun 2000, Rubens Kuhl Jr. wrote:

> I would to like hear experiences with GSR (12008/12/16 running IOS 12),
> NetFlow export, CAR (commited-access-rate) and ACL(access-control-list)
> processing...

The biggest caveat is that the linecards are all different.
Some support these things well, some not so well, some not at all.

Beyond that there have been some just plain SW bugs involving such
things as memory leaks and bogus interface stats.
I think most if not all the ones I'm thinking of have been fixed.

Still, some cards, by design, don't support these things.
For instance, the Engine 2 cards (eg. Quad-OC12) doesn't support
CAR at all but a lightweight variant called PIRC which doesn't work
outbound.

For more detail, I'd recommend asking Cisco directly.

Tony