Re: [nsp] Cisco 7507 performance

From: Jesper Skriver (jesper@skriver.dk)
Date: Thu Aug 03 2000 - 15:37:01 EDT

On Thu, Aug 03, 2000 at 02:25:49PM -0500, Hyunseog Ryu wrote:

> Hi, folks
>
> I just want to know whether there will be performance issue with 4 OC3 and
> one GE or not.
> GEIP+ (Enhanced GE) has built-in VIP4 card, and it can process up to
> 800Mbps.
> GEIP with built-in VIP2 can process up to 400Mbps.
> But that is some kind of ideal number.
> I just want to know the real experience for this environment.
> The reason for this is because we have 7507 and want to upgrade this for
> OC3 environment.
> I want to go with Juniper M20. ;>
> But there is a lot of facts with router platform decision, you know.

Don't expect line rate performance with 4* OC3 (even on 4 VIP2-50's)
and a GEIP in a 7507.

/Jesper

Work:    Network manager @ AS3292 (Tele Danmark DataNetworks)
Private: Geek            @ AS2109 (A much smaller network ;-)

One Unix to rule them all, One Resolver to find them, One IP to bring them all and in the zone to bind them.