Re: [nsp] Cisco 7507 performance

From: Hyunseog Ryu (HRyu@norlight.com)
Date: Thu Aug 03 2000 - 15:25:49 EDT

Hi, folks

I just want to know whether there will be performance issue with 4 OC3 and
one GE or not.
GEIP+ (Enhanced GE) has built-in VIP4 card, and it can process up to
800Mbps.
GEIP with built-in VIP2 can process up to 400Mbps.
But that is some kind of ideal number.
I just want to know the real experience for this environment.
The reason for this is because we have 7507 and want to upgrade this for
OC3 environment.
I want to go with Juniper M20. ;>
But there is a lot of facts with router platform decision, you know.

Hyun

On 08/01/2000 01:33:32 PM "Rodney van den Oever" wrote:

>> >I'm curious about Cisco 7507 performance.
>> >If I use 4 OC3 interfaces and one Gigabit Ethernet Interface in one
Cisco
>> >7507,
>> >is there no problem?
>> >Is there anybody who had this kind of experience?
>> >Please let me know the performance of this combination.
>>

>> Do you intend to route all OC-3 traffic across the single gigabit?
>> The gigabit int can only cope with around 300Mbps (limitation cBus)
whereas
>> 4xOC-3 amounts to 600Mbps.
>>
>> The gigabit int is only available as a single interface processor card
>> (GEIP) right now so you can't benefit from dCEF here (switching between
Port