RE: [nsp] Cisco 7507 performance

From: Rubens Kuhl Jr. (rubens@email.com)
Date: Thu Aug 03 2000 - 16:38:50 EDT

GEIP with VIP2-50 has an internal PCI bus of 400 Mbps... it will achieve 400
Mbps for large (or jumbo) sized frames.
Typical Internet traffic (50% of 64 bytes packets, 50% from 512 to 1500
bytes) will barely pass 200 Mbps.

If you have 3 VIP2-50 (8Mb SRAM required) OC-3 cards and 2 GEIPs (also with
8Mb SRAM), it may achieve line rate performance on real-world traffic (but
would not for 64 bytes packets only). For 4 x OC-3, may be 2 GEIP+ can do
the job.

Rubens Kuhl Jr.