RE: preferred DS3 framing

From: Charles Sprickman (spork@inch.com)
Date: Wed Sep 06 2000 - 16:59:00 EDT

On Wed, 6 Sep 2000, Erik L. Montemer wrote:

> c-bit is application specific framing.

You've lost me a little bit there... What do you mean by 'application
specific'? Also Jared mentioned running unframed C-bit. If C-bit is a
type of framing, how do you run framing without framing??

> M13 is channelized DS-3. You
> probably don't want to run M13 unless you're breaking off individual T-1s.
> Running M13 in a non-muxed environment wreaks havoc on any constant bitrate
> applications. M13 is commonly used with the CT3 cards.

Odd, I found the option of M13 in the PA-T3 config guide. I guess for
some very specific application there is a use for this? The PA-T3 isn't a
CT3 card according to the docs...

Thanks though,

Charles