[nsp] Injecting Customer Statcis into BGP - Methods

From: Martin, Christian (cmartin@gnilink.net)
Date: Tue Sep 12 2000 - 15:23:37 EDT

Folks,

I'm interested in comparing methods to inject customer statics into BGP (or
an IGP if the method is slick). I'd like to hear some input as to the
preferred methods of getting static entries into the routing table of other
routers, so that external announcements can be properly aggregated. In
particular, I am looking for an elegant route-map type solution that allows
us to easily get statics into BGP, without leaking them outside the AS. I
am thinking of using tags for customer statics, and then matching the tags
before injection. The problem is, I'd have to go through and re-tag
everything. I am also thinking of matching the next-hop, denying the
private, non routable space, and so on. Any help would be appreciated.

Regards,
chris

PS

If someone is using an IGP to do this, I'd be interested as well.