Re: [nsp] [nsp] 3500 XL Spanning Tree problem

From: kevin Gannon (kevin@gannons.net)
Date: Wed Sep 13 2000 - 06:16:00 EDT

Make sure that you arent doing something funny
if you are using Gigastack links as the gigastacks
are do not run STP across the two ports :(.

Regards,
Kevin
> I have three 3500XL's connected together in a triangle
using GigE.
> The trunks are ISL but all stp interfaces are
forwarding, where I am
> sure one in the triangular network should be blocking.
Hence one of
> the switches is having to relearn the 4 Vlans related
to the network
> every few seconds. This is causing some performance
issues. Any Idea's?

**************
> COLT Telecommunications
> Registered in England No. 2452736
> Registered Office: Bishopsgate Court, 4 Norton
Folgate, London E1 6DQ
> Tel. 020 7390 3900
>
> This message is subject to and does not create or vary
any contractual
> relationship between COLT Telecommunications, its
subsidiaries or
> affiliates ("COLT") and you. Internet communications
are not secure
> and therefore COLT does not accept legal
responsibility for the
> contents of this message. Any view or opinions
expressed are those of
> the author. The message is intended for the addressee
only and its
> contents and any attached files are strictly
confidential. If you have
> received it in error, please telephone the number
above. Thank you.