RE: [nsp] [nsp] 3500 XL Spanning Tree problem

From: Michael Miller (Michael.Miller@oyster.co.uk)
Date: Wed Sep 13 2000 - 09:38:39 EDT

TO clarify, does this mean that you should not run STP across gigastack
links? If so, how can one achieve this?

So if I have three switches: Assume SW1, SW2 and SW3 where SW1 and SW2
connect together using gigastack links and SW3 connects to SW1 and SW2 using
multimode fibre SX Gigabit GBICs.

I should run STP on the two fibre links, but not on the gigastack link.

Assuming this is what the paragraph from the previous email means, how will
SW1 and SW2 determine that redundant links to sw3 exist?

Internet communications are not secure and therefore Oyster Partners Ltd
does not accept legal responsibility for the contents of this message. Any
views or opinions presented are solely those of the author and do not
necessarily represent those of Oyster Partners Ltd.