RE: [nsp] REG: MPLS VPN route exchange

From: Vinod Anthony Joseph Cherunni (vac@dsqworld.com)
Date: Fri Oct 13 2000 - 09:45:24 EDT

Hi All,

Thanks a lot for all the guidance, & help extended to me. Its really been a
great experience interacting with all of you. Just a few more queries,
Kindly help me out.

I understand that the VRF table decides the list of destinations that are
allowed to be accessed by a particular VPN customer's network. Now if the
same customer needs Internet access, How will it provisioned, will it be
achieved by a default route at the customer end. But there is always a
possibility that a customer part of another VPN could be using a global
address space say something like "206.103.12.0" in his internal network,
How will such a case be addressed if the customer with Internet access
directs a packet to an Internet site addressed with "206.103.12.0".

If I want to cater to a group of Dial-up customers to access a Corporate
Intranet site using MPLS, How will it be achieved, I understand that there
could be no VRF associated with a Dial-up port.

Is it not possible to run OSPF with a MPLS VPN customers ie between PE -
CE.

Assume that I run RIP with three customers being part of different VPN's,
The RIP routing table of customer routes will be common. How will I ensure
that certain RIP routes of a particular customer will be part of only his
VRF.

Kindly advice

Thanks & Kind regards,
Vinod.