RE: [nsp] REG: MPLS VPN route exchange

From: Scott Morris (smorris@mentortech.com)
Date: Fri Oct 13 2000 - 09:58:35 EDT

The examples I've seen/heard of for Internet connectivity utilize a separate
VPN (like VPN 0) for internet stuff... That would depend on how you wanted
to set that up as a service provider. Most likely, you'd have a different
VC (ATM, frame or whatever) in order to do NAT on the customer end when
connecting to the internet... Just a thought.

Dial up customers are indeed a problem. The better thing to do would be to
do L2TP, where you can tunnel the dial up users back to the CE router to
assign an IP and handle all the PPP termination stuff, therefore for your
VPN traffic, IP is IP...

You can run OSPF, RIP or whatever you want between the PE and CE routers...
I guess for sanity's sake, I would highly recommend using someting OTHER
than a classful routing protocol (like RIP or IGRP). I would think that
static routes would be a much better solution for stability's sake.

Scott