RE: Problems with a PA-POS card

From: Mike Gibbs (gibbs@servint.com)
Date: Sun Oct 22 2000 - 13:39:49 EDT

First of all, thanks for everyone that commented on this.

The problem, after 2 days of yelling, ended up being a multimode to single
mode conversion at Bell South. The had a patch panel that switched from
multimode to single mos coming from my router. I had them just give me
singl mode straight up and it worked.

On Fri, 20 Oct 2000, George Robbins wrote:

> Escalate with the carrier until you can get someone capable of helping
> vs. finger pointing. 8-)
>
> You're making a good case for the fiber mux being broken or some kind
> of incompatible optioning...
>
> George
>
> > From cisco-nsp-request@puck.nether.net Fri Oct 20 13:04:39 2000
> > Date: Fri, 20 Oct 2000 13:06:27 -0400 (EDT)
> > From: Mike Gibbs <gibbs@servint.com>
> > To: "Martin, Christian" <cmartin@gnilink.net>
> > cc: cisco-nsp@puck.nether.net
> > Subject: RE: Problems with a PA-POS card
> >

> > To keep going, not to use all of your times, but TAC couldn't figure it
> > out yet, either.
> >

> > Light is -22 to -24 dBm to the mux and to the cards
> >

> > The line2 goes:
> >
> > Miami1 to Madrid
> >
> > Miami2 to McLean
> >
> > McLean and Miami1 get these errors:
> >
> > Oct 20 16:59:20: %SONET-4-ALARM: POS8/0/0: B3 BER exceeds threshold, TC
> > alarm declared
> >
> > and the other to get a AIS
> >
> > If I loop hard without the routers in miami, madrid and McLean test fine.
> > I plug them in, and boom.
> >
> > If I sent a loopback internal on any of the miamis they test fine, or if I
> > hard loop them with fiber, they test fine.
> >
> > When I do loop internal on miami, the McLean one still gets the errors.

Mike Gibbs