[nsp] Recommendations on Network Monitoring Software

From: bpeters@sblf.com
Date: Tue Nov 07 2000 - 13:02:05 EST

Hello,

I am interested in your thoughts and advise on purchasing network
monitoring software. In particular, I want software that will allow me to
see router interface utilization, port switch connectivitiy, etc.
Environment is NT based with a mix of 3660s and 2924s and one 1720.

Of special importance is the GUI and the presentation of results. I would
like a product that does nice pie charts and bar graphs. This makes it much
easier for upper management to understand when I say I need another router
if I show http traffic eats most of the bandwidth in a nice colorful pie
chart.

I'm sampling CiscoWorks for Windows 5, but not impressed at all by what it
offers. Does Cisco have another product I should look at, or is there a
third party vendor who can do this?

All suggestion welcome.

Thanks in advance,

Brian