Server load balancing solution

From: Rod Oliver (roliver@chello.com)
Date: Tue Dec 19 2000 - 18:37:27 EST

Hi Guys,

We are in the process of evaluating server load balancing solutions for a
high density mail system. We are looking into Alteon, Cat6000 and Cat4000
series and the old Arrowpoint range. I realise that this is a kind of
'horses for courses' question, but I would very much appreciate comments,
anecdotal and technical that people might consider to be appropriate. The
options that I have listed are mainly so because we are up to now a mostly
Cisco shop.

Rod Oliver