Re: [nsp] Distributed MLPPP for non-Channelized interfaces?

From: Siva Valliappan (svalliap@cisco.com)
Date: Wed Dec 20 2000 - 15:03:13 EST

distributed mlppp only applies to the 7500 platform because of the
RSP/VIP architecture. you can still use mlppp on other platforms, but
your mileage may vary. to minimize the impact of mlppp always disable
multilink-fragmentation, and/or use a particle based platform such as
the 7200/3600/2600/etc. depending on your config, and the type of
NPE you use with the 7200 you might be able to run mlppp over 15 T1s.
but i would suggest doing load-balancing, and to get over the 6 interface
limit, you might want to play with your routing a bit. would recommend
talking to your local account team to help you do the planning.

regards
.siva