[nsp] Chanelized E1

From: Vinod Anthony Joseph Cherunni (vac@dsqworld.com)
Date: Wed Dec 27 2000 - 07:08:57 EST

Dear All,

Once again I'm back with a question in my mind. In the following scenario,
wherein a customer has the following requirement

1. He needs a 1 Mbps circuit to location A (Circuit 1).
2. Also a 512 Kbps circuit to location B (Circuit 2).

Now if he opts for a 2 Mbps E1 stream as the last mile to the service
provider with a RAD Time division Mux for mapping the appropriate
timeslots to the correct destination. In our case assume he maps 16 slots
for circuit 1 & 8 slots for circuit 2. Now at my end (Service provider
end) I plan to us a Cisco 3662 with a channelized E1 card (NM-2CE1B), Will
the router be able to identify the timeslots from the customer & route to
the appropriate destination, Since the E1 card can be configured with IP
interfaces which has been created by grouping E1 channels. Can the E1 card
be looked at as a Digital cross connect.

Kindly advice.

With warm regards,
Vinod.