Re: [nsp] MSFC CPU Utilization Pegged at 99%....but a sh proc cpu doesnot reveal anything past 1%

From: Don Wester (dwester@swbell.net)
Date: Fri Feb 02 2001 - 18:03:36 EST

I would not call them major problems, but I have some issues.

Running 5.5(2) with a fairly large amount of mls cache entries (60K -
105K) depending on the location. I believe the cache tables tend to
get corrupted after a couple of weeks. I do a 'sh mls' and it can
take up to five minutes to get a display back and the numbers don't
add up once it is received. We have done all the necessary tweeking,
destination based entries, fast aging, etc, the tables are just that
large.

Also not real impressed with how the redundant MSFC configuration
works...requires too many ip address's in my opinion. After a
supervisor failover (either manual or actual failure) the msfc
(rtr-15) that resides in the original primary supervisor (slot 1) will
not route unless the vlan's are active on the msfc (rtr-16) that
resides on the new primary supervisor (slot 2). I know I can avoid
this scenario by going to the Native IOS on the cat code, but that
opens up a whole new can of worms.

Don

--
Don Wester
Sr. Network Engineer - SBC Internet Svcs