[nsp] Cisco Catalyst 3000 "stack" cables

From: Brian (signal@shreve.net)
Date: Mon Feb 05 2001 - 18:51:14 EST

I am trying to find the part number of the cables used to connect Catalyst
3000 workgroup stacks. It looks like SCSI2 type connectors but its not a
normal SCSI2 cable.

Everything on CCO says "contact TAC for the cable". You call TAC, and
they basically tell you they have no idea what the part number is, or
where to get one. Even though this is the same cable used by the entire
Catalyst 3000 series, including the 3900 token ring switches, for stack
ability.

If anyone has one of these, I am trying to get my hands on one. Or if you
just have a part number or know where I can get one that would work as
well. I have no idea why TAC is lost on locating a cable. Perhaps it was
created by a third party........

Brian

          I'm buying used CISCO gear!!
              email me for a quote

Brian Feeny e:signal@shreve.net
CCNP+Voice/ATM/Security p:318.222.2638x109
CCDP f:318.221.6612
Network Administrator
ShreveNet Inc. (ASN 11881)